1. Folks will be arriving mostly on Thursday and Friday and departing on Sunday. You are welcome to arrive & depart anytime.
2. If tent camping, no reservations are required. We would ask that you post your intentions in one of the forum threads
or thru the website Rally sign-up (bottom of Home page) so we can give Iron Horse an accurate count for meals. If you do
make a reservation with Iron Horse, you will receive (via email) your menu selections about a week before the Rally.
3. Wives, husbands, girlfriends, and boyfriends are welcome. Although there isn't a lot for them to do if not riding.
Great Smokey Montain Railroad
The Fly Fishing Museum of the Southern Appalachians
Town of Robbinsville
City of Cherokee
4. All bikes are welcome.
5. Most rides will be on Friday & Saturday. Some route maps are available in the Lodge or download from the "Maps" tab above.
6. Breakfast & Dinner are served at Iron Horse Lodge (good stuff). Breakfast & Dinner are now served daily. Menu selections
can be made at check in or if you made a reservation with Iron Horse you will receive (via email) your menu selections about
a week before the Rally.
7. For lunch, you are on your own unless prior arrangements are made. There are several cafes in the area.
8. Iron Horse is in a dry county. So bring your own if so inclined. Beer and wine are now available in Robbinsville, about 14 miles
away. The closest package store is in Bryson City, about 17 miles away. Ice is for sale on site for a small fee (2019; $2.25).
9. Coffee is usually available around 6:30 AM. Iced tea & coffee are available in the evening after dinner.
10. Kickstands are up around 8:00 - 9:00 AM for Friday & Saturday rides. Ride planning meetings are informal and are Thursday &
Friday evenings in the Lodge around 8:30 PM or anytime you are so inclined. Some rides are planned & organized on
Stromtrooper.com in the group rider Rally thread under Events.
11. There are other motels & campgrounds in the area if you procrastinate too long.
12. There will be rain.